<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Lights, Cordial, Anne. 

Oh now aren't the Oxford Street Christmas lights terrific this year? Apologies for any readers based outside of London-town who may not have seen them. What I think is so good about them is the fact that they're not confined to Oxford Street. I can see them from home, from work and last Saturday night from Little Venice. I think they're great. I also like the Carnaby Street lights. This year they're like giant Christmas baubles in sparkly silver. At the weekend I was pointing and cooing at them like a mad woman.

Last night fellow Green Gable aficionados and I saw Anne of Green Gables, the stage play. It was quite wonderful. I was in tears not long after the start of the second act. (Luckily I had grabbed some loo paper, unluckily I had to use it - my goodness what might feel soft(ish) on your arse, does not feel quite so nice being dabbed around your eyes). We all enjoyed it very much. Matthew Cuthbert dying will get me everytime.

I've decided my soon to be 13 year old red headed niece simply must get the books for her birthday. I can't believe I haven't thought of it before.

Afterwards Clare & I downed a bottle of raspberry cordial at the most glamorous Cafe Med I've ever been to. Mind you, I haven't been to that many. Still we appreciated the mood lighting, the sumptuous seating area and the drapery.

You know, there is never enough drapery in the world.

Ps. On Friday night I went to the Tate Britain with Pen. We went to see the Turner Prize nominees, oh, and had a guided tour with Kirstie. We had a moment, giggling over being stoned. Or rather not being stoned. Bless.


Post a Comment

Comments:
"We had a moment, giggling over being stoned. Or rather not being stoned. Bless."

For the record, that was you and Kirstie, not you and me. Though I giggled as well. But did not make Eye Contact.
 
ohhhh Anne on stage :) is it a straight play ? or a musical ? I wanna seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
luv Karina
 
It was a straight play and was utterly marvellous. Though there was a little singing, which was also fabulous.
Anne of Avonlea.
x
 
So, not only have you watched new Dr Who but also had a guided tour with Kirstie Allsop? Its really not fair.
 
Oh, and btw, the highlight of the Anne Experience for me was arriving at our seats and finding an eleven-year-old girl with long red hair sitting in mine. She moved without complaint. I was thrilled.
P
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?