Monday, August 09, 2004
Ale be back.
*peers around corner*
I'm baaack.
Well what can I say, it was divine. If I could sum it up in three words it would be: sunshine, seaside, seagulls, real ale, icecream, fudge, cliff walks, pubs, fishing villages, gardens, concerts, Eden Project, castles, pasties, cream teas, sunburn, cider, fish and chips, swimming, Primal Scream, Hamlet, Poldark and The Camomile Lawn.
I usually love coming home from holiday, no matter how good a time I've had or where I've been, I'm always delighted to come home. However Cornwall was just so dammed lovely this year, near on perfect that I didn't want to leave. I stood on my lovely balcony last night and missed the seaviews I'd become accustomed to. This morning I missed the sound of the very noisy seagulls waking me at 5 am, who'd of thought it?
Everywhere we stayed was lovely but the highlight for me was of course Broom Parc, the house The Camomile Lawn was filmed in.
We stayed in Aunt Helena and Uncle Richard's room and I sat at Calypso's seat at the dining table one morning. We walked the terror run and skirted past the coastguard hut. Sat on a bench under Sophy's window (the tree no longer there though) and read and walked atop cliffs and generally had a divine time. I thoroughly recommend it.
There was one downside to being in the countryside air however, we'd both lost our ability to engage our brains. We would speak but the words wouldn't form, we'd forget simple things and mispronounce everything. An affliction we both suffered from but Clare slightly more acutely. This included me referring to the Channel as the Thames and Clare saying "look at the enormous pigeon" (it was a seagull).
The highlight, however, was Clare saying hello to a stone dog in a pub. Sober.
I'm baaack.
Well what can I say, it was divine. If I could sum it up in three words it would be: sunshine, seaside, seagulls, real ale, icecream, fudge, cliff walks, pubs, fishing villages, gardens, concerts, Eden Project, castles, pasties, cream teas, sunburn, cider, fish and chips, swimming, Primal Scream, Hamlet, Poldark and The Camomile Lawn.
I usually love coming home from holiday, no matter how good a time I've had or where I've been, I'm always delighted to come home. However Cornwall was just so dammed lovely this year, near on perfect that I didn't want to leave. I stood on my lovely balcony last night and missed the seaviews I'd become accustomed to. This morning I missed the sound of the very noisy seagulls waking me at 5 am, who'd of thought it?
Everywhere we stayed was lovely but the highlight for me was of course Broom Parc, the house The Camomile Lawn was filmed in.
We stayed in Aunt Helena and Uncle Richard's room and I sat at Calypso's seat at the dining table one morning. We walked the terror run and skirted past the coastguard hut. Sat on a bench under Sophy's window (the tree no longer there though) and read and walked atop cliffs and generally had a divine time. I thoroughly recommend it.
There was one downside to being in the countryside air however, we'd both lost our ability to engage our brains. We would speak but the words wouldn't form, we'd forget simple things and mispronounce everything. An affliction we both suffered from but Clare slightly more acutely. This included me referring to the Channel as the Thames and Clare saying "look at the enormous pigeon" (it was a seagull).
The highlight, however, was Clare saying hello to a stone dog in a pub. Sober.
Comments:
Post a Comment
