Wednesday, July 21, 2004
Crispy M&M's
I can report that these do not match the delights of the peanut M&M, though of course I wasted no time in polishing off a bag in the absence of the aforementioned peanut variety whilst at the cinema last night. I'm Not Scared in case you're wondering... the film, not my state of mind.
I do try not to let fear get the better of me in my daily life. I see no point being scared of walking home, or being out after dark, or speaking to my boss or other management types. I don't fear cycling down Oxford Street or driving on motorways. I definitely don't fear scary rides at amusement parks though I don't like the spinny ones. I don't think I fear change, god knows I hate monotony. I don't fear getting older but I don't like it and I don't fear death but I will be mightly pissed off if it happens too soon. (i.e. before I've realised my potential - yes folks that is potentially a live forever request).
So now you know.
Anyway, I logged on to tell you my newest project at work that clearly isn't work related. We get alot of product, all of it child related, and as a consequence my desk is full of crappy covermounts and toys that might appeal to a three year old. However a month or so back we got a 'latch hook' kit. Now this I was interested in. I am partial to a bit of cross-stitch, jig-saw action and other forms of needlework. Don't misunderstand I don't do this stuff on a regular basis, my aforementioned disdain for monotony means my attention span is short and my interest wans on a film sequel basis. Anyway I decided as I'd never done a latch hook before I'd tackle one. It's a long, fussy and fiddly process so ideal for taking my mind of the job at hand - which if you've read any more than a dozen posts will see is not something I need encouraging for - anyway I'm making progress on my 'Dipsy Rug' and am determined to finish sometime before the end of the year.
But just you wait, when I'm done I'm going to track this one down and do it! It'll make a lovely companion to my mousemat and further my delusions.....
I do try not to let fear get the better of me in my daily life. I see no point being scared of walking home, or being out after dark, or speaking to my boss or other management types. I don't fear cycling down Oxford Street or driving on motorways. I definitely don't fear scary rides at amusement parks though I don't like the spinny ones. I don't think I fear change, god knows I hate monotony. I don't fear getting older but I don't like it and I don't fear death but I will be mightly pissed off if it happens too soon. (i.e. before I've realised my potential - yes folks that is potentially a live forever request).
So now you know.
Anyway, I logged on to tell you my newest project at work that clearly isn't work related. We get alot of product, all of it child related, and as a consequence my desk is full of crappy covermounts and toys that might appeal to a three year old. However a month or so back we got a 'latch hook' kit. Now this I was interested in. I am partial to a bit of cross-stitch, jig-saw action and other forms of needlework. Don't misunderstand I don't do this stuff on a regular basis, my aforementioned disdain for monotony means my attention span is short and my interest wans on a film sequel basis. Anyway I decided as I'd never done a latch hook before I'd tackle one. It's a long, fussy and fiddly process so ideal for taking my mind of the job at hand - which if you've read any more than a dozen posts will see is not something I need encouraging for - anyway I'm making progress on my 'Dipsy Rug' and am determined to finish sometime before the end of the year.
But just you wait, when I'm done I'm going to track this one down and do it! It'll make a lovely companion to my mousemat and further my delusions.....
Comments:
Post a Comment
