Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Autumn Ramble
Note to self: The hair dye you use is 'Warm Chestnut' NOT 'Rich Mahogany' there is a very significant difference.
I look like a Christmas pudding with a raspberry sauce. Honestly, 20 years I've been doing my hair, you'd think I'd know better. It has not been helped by the concerted attempt I made to cover the grey meaning that most of the dye went on the roots and now they're pinker than the rest of my head. I've tried to take a photo but it's just coming out dark with a really wide parting. I look like a balding Christmas pudding. Will the madness ever end?
When I was younger I used to do a 'Christmas' colour - a hint of red, or burgundy, or whatever artificial flavour was added to the dye. Inadvertently I've followed my own tradition.
This article made me laugh. Though I am now much less swayed these days by a 'British' accent, and this does include Scots, Welsh, Irish and Northern - for they be the four recognised accents outside of London are they not? Kidding. Anyway the upshot I think is an accent other than your own is often cute. Although I have to say the drawn out, flattened vowels of an Aussie* male, delivered at a snails pace are not, in anyway, cute, they are just gormless.
*not all of them of course *points directly at Jef* Yours is a nice accent mate. ;)
I fell in love several times over the weekend. It's made me feel the joys of spring or more applicably the joys of Autumn. My favourite season. But who or what did I fall in love with? Well the one I will share with you came from last night's TV. Yes I'm back in fantasy land again. The Taming of the Shrew, whilst not even on a par with the marvellous Much Ado About Nothing, was okay but it was the gorgeous Rufus Sewell with whom I first fell a bit in love with when he played Charles II all magnificently dressed in 17th century frock coats and long flowing tresses. Last night he dragged up, more in an Eddie Izzard way with a frock and makeup rather than a Lily Savage. He pouted and shouted and smeared his lippy and it was all rather divine. Which sadly the programme wasn't.
More camp frippery came my way when Alison and I ventured out to check out the Christmas lights. Oxford Street gets the thumbs up as do the giant chandeliers that lead up to Seven Dials. Regents Street, this is an official warning, lose the Ice Age 2 sponsor and you might just make my top 5.
Oh and Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire? Really rather good. You need to have read the book though, it'll make no sense otherwise. And why do I like it? Because it was so much less about Harry (poor Daniel Radcliffe, he forgot to get tall whilst all the other kids did...) and more about well everything else. Oh and they're getting much better at the acting malarky. More Rita Skeeter please.
Top tip # 253 In the lead-up to Christmas you should really try not to put on weight. So why then have I?
*ponders*Cornish pasties, pizza, Guinness, red wine, £15 worth of sweets bought at the Australia Shop, Organic biscuits and strawberry and whitechocolatee muffins *ends ponder*
Well that was a random waffle.
I look like a Christmas pudding with a raspberry sauce. Honestly, 20 years I've been doing my hair, you'd think I'd know better. It has not been helped by the concerted attempt I made to cover the grey meaning that most of the dye went on the roots and now they're pinker than the rest of my head. I've tried to take a photo but it's just coming out dark with a really wide parting. I look like a balding Christmas pudding. Will the madness ever end?
When I was younger I used to do a 'Christmas' colour - a hint of red, or burgundy, or whatever artificial flavour was added to the dye. Inadvertently I've followed my own tradition.
This article made me laugh. Though I am now much less swayed these days by a 'British' accent, and this does include Scots, Welsh, Irish and Northern - for they be the four recognised accents outside of London are they not? Kidding. Anyway the upshot I think is an accent other than your own is often cute. Although I have to say the drawn out, flattened vowels of an Aussie* male, delivered at a snails pace are not, in anyway, cute, they are just gormless.
*not all of them of course *points directly at Jef* Yours is a nice accent mate. ;)
I fell in love several times over the weekend. It's made me feel the joys of spring or more applicably the joys of Autumn. My favourite season. But who or what did I fall in love with? Well the one I will share with you came from last night's TV. Yes I'm back in fantasy land again. The Taming of the Shrew, whilst not even on a par with the marvellous Much Ado About Nothing, was okay but it was the gorgeous Rufus Sewell with whom I first fell a bit in love with when he played Charles II all magnificently dressed in 17th century frock coats and long flowing tresses. Last night he dragged up, more in an Eddie Izzard way with a frock and makeup rather than a Lily Savage. He pouted and shouted and smeared his lippy and it was all rather divine. Which sadly the programme wasn't.
More camp frippery came my way when Alison and I ventured out to check out the Christmas lights. Oxford Street gets the thumbs up as do the giant chandeliers that lead up to Seven Dials. Regents Street, this is an official warning, lose the Ice Age 2 sponsor and you might just make my top 5.
Oh and Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire? Really rather good. You need to have read the book though, it'll make no sense otherwise. And why do I like it? Because it was so much less about Harry (poor Daniel Radcliffe, he forgot to get tall whilst all the other kids did...) and more about well everything else. Oh and they're getting much better at the acting malarky. More Rita Skeeter please.
Top tip # 253 In the lead-up to Christmas you should really try not to put on weight. So why then have I?
*ponders*Cornish pasties, pizza, Guinness, red wine, £15 worth of sweets bought at the Australia Shop, Organic biscuits and strawberry and whitechocolatee muffins *ends ponder*
Well that was a random waffle.
Comments:
Yeah, no wucken furries mate (spoken in an impeccable international accent to denote jet setting fabulous lifestyle).
J x
p.s. Top, you beaut, blog you got goin here lettle fella. Fair dinks.
J x
p.s. Top, you beaut, blog you got goin here lettle fella. Fair dinks.
agh: "Northern" ?
Manchester / Liverpool / Yorkshire / Newcastle.
All entirely seperate.
And you're forgetting all the southern ones: Birmingham, The South West, and East Anglia.
Post a Comment
Manchester / Liverpool / Yorkshire / Newcastle.
All entirely seperate.
And you're forgetting all the southern ones: Birmingham, The South West, and East Anglia.

