Wednesday, August 03, 2005
It's a small small world
So yet another weekend away from London. It wasn't meant to be like this, I didn't mean to abandon my lovely hometown. Though the word lovely doesn't quite seem right, it's a bit twee for sturdy and historic London. Mind you, I've done a fair bit of touristy London recently so the south-east and London town has had plenty of my hard earned pounds splashed about. I must have been feeling a bit guilty though I came home and bought this book. It's great!
Nevertheless I've found myself this weekend on the flattened reaches of Romney Marsh. I learnt all about sloe berries and drank home-made sloe gin, collected elderberries but didn't make any wine, saw cows (see post below), rode on a minature railway and lay on a pebbly beach before eating a ploughmans at the amusingly named pub 'The Butt of Sherry' in downtown Hythe and stayed in a house that dates back to the mid 1500's.
Whilst in Hythe we visited St Leonards, aka The Church with the Bones. 8,000 of them to be precise.
Nevertheless I've found myself this weekend on the flattened reaches of Romney Marsh. I learnt all about sloe berries and drank home-made sloe gin, collected elderberries but didn't make any wine, saw cows (see post below), rode on a minature railway and lay on a pebbly beach before eating a ploughmans at the amusingly named pub 'The Butt of Sherry' in downtown Hythe and stayed in a house that dates back to the mid 1500's.
Whilst in Hythe we visited St Leonards, aka The Church with the Bones. 8,000 of them to be precise.
Skulls 1321-1391 (or thereabouts)
Comments:
Post a Comment