Saturday, April 24, 2004
*opens wallet*
Oops I appear to have remembered how to shop. I have lovely new shoes and some floaty linen apparel. I think I have a farm in Africaaaaa.
Had a pleasant couple of days, the kind that makes me think, maybe, just maybe I could live here. But that would require not working and having a fairly limitless income to support my shopping, lunching, dinner & cinema habit.
Had lunch at Hilary's Boat Harbour - or whatever the hell it's called these days on Thursday then popped round to see my god daughter and her mother and brother (well she is only 3) for a natter and a cuppa before heading out with a friend to the cinema to see Monster. That Charlize Theron does ugly very well. She was also very good in the film.
Went shopping at 'Harbour Town' yesterday, a discount outlet near the city - all new shopping for me and where I bought the aforementioned clothes & shoes. That evening Mum & a friend and I went into Northbridge to see Tais Toi - a French comedy - and surprisingly I did laugh rather alot. (I don't really do comedy you see).
I've yet to go to the beach (or rather yet to go for a swim at the beach). Dad & I went for a drive down to Scarborough yesterday and I was desperate to go in, it was after all 30c and the ocean was calm but Dad thought it was too cold. We went shopping instead! You have to laugh, the differences in temperature are amazing.
Anyway chaps & chappettes. I'm off out for dinner & drinkies tonight and a Sunday Session tomorrow. Wish me luck, I feel like i've been off the wagon and won't be able to keep up.
PS: This may jinx it but I haven't *touches wood* broken a nail this trip - not even when scrambling about in the Kimberleys. How girlie is that?
Oops I appear to have remembered how to shop. I have lovely new shoes and some floaty linen apparel. I think I have a farm in Africaaaaa.
Had a pleasant couple of days, the kind that makes me think, maybe, just maybe I could live here. But that would require not working and having a fairly limitless income to support my shopping, lunching, dinner & cinema habit.
Had lunch at Hilary's Boat Harbour - or whatever the hell it's called these days on Thursday then popped round to see my god daughter and her mother and brother (well she is only 3) for a natter and a cuppa before heading out with a friend to the cinema to see Monster. That Charlize Theron does ugly very well. She was also very good in the film.
Went shopping at 'Harbour Town' yesterday, a discount outlet near the city - all new shopping for me and where I bought the aforementioned clothes & shoes. That evening Mum & a friend and I went into Northbridge to see Tais Toi - a French comedy - and surprisingly I did laugh rather alot. (I don't really do comedy you see).
I've yet to go to the beach (or rather yet to go for a swim at the beach). Dad & I went for a drive down to Scarborough yesterday and I was desperate to go in, it was after all 30c and the ocean was calm but Dad thought it was too cold. We went shopping instead! You have to laugh, the differences in temperature are amazing.
Anyway chaps & chappettes. I'm off out for dinner & drinkies tonight and a Sunday Session tomorrow. Wish me luck, I feel like i've been off the wagon and won't be able to keep up.
PS: This may jinx it but I haven't *touches wood* broken a nail this trip - not even when scrambling about in the Kimberleys. How girlie is that?
Comments:
Post a Comment