Sunday, April 11, 2004
Just back from El Questro & Emma Gorge. Too hot & tired to give a proper update but a few quick things I have learned.
1. A Bikini top does not provide adequate support on bumpy roads.
2. March Fly bites leave huge lumps and are very itchy
3. I may have narcolepsy. So that makes two things I have in common with River Phoenix, that and a raging drug habit. Okay that makes nothing I have in common with River Phoenix, especially as the first one was an affliction belonging to a fictional character.
4. Orange peel takes two years to decompose.
Film references during the past 24 hours.
1. Gone with the Wind. In particular the part where Scarlett says "As God is my witness I'll never go hungry again" and also when she's on the steps after Rhett has left her and she hears the voices saying "Tara" "the red earth of Tara" "the place you've always loved" and she looks up bright eyed and ready to face the world again and says "that's it, Tara. I'll go home to Tara". Except in my head it's me and not Vivien Leigh..... (Rationale for this? the red earth of the Kimberleys)
2. Any teen horror slash flick set around a lake or river. (Rationale for this? Our campsite last night was 'private' and therefore out of sight & earshot of any other campers in the area. As I sat by the riverbank - looking for Crocs ; Mum told me there were none but I wasn't certain so didn't swim! - late at night looking at the stars I half expected Jason to come out of the water)
Things I have done that I wouldn't have done in London.
1. Sat and watched the stars (too many to count) before going to sleep in a tent!
2. Worn sandals, an Akubra and bush clobber. Still wearing riduculous over-sized sunglasses though.
Tomorrow we are out of here at 7am..... to go fishing!
*stops at shop on way back to buy fish, smiles for camera*
1. A Bikini top does not provide adequate support on bumpy roads.
2. March Fly bites leave huge lumps and are very itchy
3. I may have narcolepsy. So that makes two things I have in common with River Phoenix, that and a raging drug habit. Okay that makes nothing I have in common with River Phoenix, especially as the first one was an affliction belonging to a fictional character.
4. Orange peel takes two years to decompose.
Film references during the past 24 hours.
1. Gone with the Wind. In particular the part where Scarlett says "As God is my witness I'll never go hungry again" and also when she's on the steps after Rhett has left her and she hears the voices saying "Tara" "the red earth of Tara" "the place you've always loved" and she looks up bright eyed and ready to face the world again and says "that's it, Tara. I'll go home to Tara". Except in my head it's me and not Vivien Leigh..... (Rationale for this? the red earth of the Kimberleys)
2. Any teen horror slash flick set around a lake or river. (Rationale for this? Our campsite last night was 'private' and therefore out of sight & earshot of any other campers in the area. As I sat by the riverbank - looking for Crocs ; Mum told me there were none but I wasn't certain so didn't swim! - late at night looking at the stars I half expected Jason to come out of the water)
Things I have done that I wouldn't have done in London.
1. Sat and watched the stars (too many to count) before going to sleep in a tent!
2. Worn sandals, an Akubra and bush clobber. Still wearing riduculous over-sized sunglasses though.
Tomorrow we are out of here at 7am..... to go fishing!
*stops at shop on way back to buy fish, smiles for camera*
Comments:
Post a Comment
