Friday, December 17, 2004
Friends we haven't met, yet.
It was a celeb-tastic evening last night.
Reprising my role as a stand in stunt double (the one I used to play when my best friend's husband couldn't join her at an event), I went to the Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events charity premiere last night.
It was all rather fun, we were followed onto the red carpet by Jim Carrey (for one second the sudden raptuous applause we heard we accepted as our own).
Being for charity and for kiddies we were plied with Krispy Kreme donuts and Kinder chocolate.
Being a bit of a sugar freak, I took this all in my stride.
Meryl Streep was there. I did not touch her.
Then afterward we went for a drink, co-incidentally outside the stage door of the Wyndham and Albery Theatres. It was therefore our duty to make sure we saw Holly Hunter emerge. EDIT FYI - she's in this play /EDIT. She is, as expected, tiny and has clearly undergone work. Her hair was dreadful but it was obviously for the role (unless dreadlocks are currently de rigeur in the A list?)
The best for last though, we recognised the professional autograph hunter from outside the Cybil Shepherd show, waiting for Holly clutching an Elastagirl photo.
And with that the evening was complete.
Reprising my role as a stand in stunt double (the one I used to play when my best friend's husband couldn't join her at an event), I went to the Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events charity premiere last night.
It was all rather fun, we were followed onto the red carpet by Jim Carrey (for one second the sudden raptuous applause we heard we accepted as our own).
Being for charity and for kiddies we were plied with Krispy Kreme donuts and Kinder chocolate.
Being a bit of a sugar freak, I took this all in my stride.
Meryl Streep was there. I did not touch her.
Then afterward we went for a drink, co-incidentally outside the stage door of the Wyndham and Albery Theatres. It was therefore our duty to make sure we saw Holly Hunter emerge. EDIT FYI - she's in this play /EDIT. She is, as expected, tiny and has clearly undergone work. Her hair was dreadful but it was obviously for the role (unless dreadlocks are currently de rigeur in the A list?)
The best for last though, we recognised the professional autograph hunter from outside the Cybil Shepherd show, waiting for Holly clutching an Elastagirl photo.
And with that the evening was complete.
Comments:
You hobnobbing name dropper you !!!! Sounds like a fab evening and I am sure Ms Streep is awfully greatful you didnt touch her !!! luv Karina xxx
Post a Comment

