<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Come sit a little.... 

I wrote this the other week and forgot to post it. I am doing so now for posterity.

27th January 2005
Last night I saw Closer. I really liked it. Thought the acting was top notch, script very good and, well, just really well done all round. Dug up the programme from when I saw the play to see who had been in it. It appears it was Neil Pearson, Frances Barber, Lloyd Owen and Liza Walker. Still can't remember though how the play ended nor if it was any different to the film.

Interestingly none of the characters were particularly likeable, and I definitely remember that from the play. But that made it seem a bit more real. They were weaving their own webs of deceit and yet insisting on brutal honesty which would then undermine and destroy the relationship. Not that lying is good but sometimes I think honesty isn't the best policy. It was all about trust, though with these four you could trust them as far as you could throw them. I thought they were such real characters, albeit ones who were far more articulate than most of us in moments of anger or upset. If it were me I'd just burst into tears or say something irrational. So pretty much my stock standard response to any moment of stress or anxiety. Hey ho.

Post a Comment

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?