Thursday, December 14, 2006
One Foot in the Grave part 2
Well I'm feeling alot better and though my foot looks like it's been blown up and dyed blue, is surprisingly not sore anymore. Though it looks grim. I'm just certain the discolouration and swelling will go before anyone sees it and god knows the 47 photos I've taken just don't do it justice.
Rather inexplicably, that would be without any kind of blunt trauma or sports injury, whilst sitting at my desk a blood vessel appears to have burst and a haematoma formed on my right foot. A great big, throbbing egg-shaped, can't walk type of lump. What followed was a wheelchair through the corridors of power (aka the office), I was mortified I can assure you, whilst being pushed by a chap from security who tried valiently to injure every other part of my body in the process by wheeling me fowards into each of the many pairs of firedoors to the exit.
Two hours later, some crutches, an x-ray and a young Doctor called Farris said 'there's no fracture, I don't know why it happened, manage the pain, walk on it and it should get better'. Which unsurprisingly I found wholly dissatifying and just goes to show why I shouldn't bother going to the doctor because that's what I'd do anyway.
Still I worked from home today, never got dressed (though did shower) and am drinking wine, so I clearly can't be too ill.
I'm still missing our work Christmas Party though. But if I can't wear by gorgeous red patents what is the point?
Rather inexplicably, that would be without any kind of blunt trauma or sports injury, whilst sitting at my desk a blood vessel appears to have burst and a haematoma formed on my right foot. A great big, throbbing egg-shaped, can't walk type of lump. What followed was a wheelchair through the corridors of power (aka the office), I was mortified I can assure you, whilst being pushed by a chap from security who tried valiently to injure every other part of my body in the process by wheeling me fowards into each of the many pairs of firedoors to the exit.
Two hours later, some crutches, an x-ray and a young Doctor called Farris said 'there's no fracture, I don't know why it happened, manage the pain, walk on it and it should get better'. Which unsurprisingly I found wholly dissatifying and just goes to show why I shouldn't bother going to the doctor because that's what I'd do anyway.
Still I worked from home today, never got dressed (though did shower) and am drinking wine, so I clearly can't be too ill.
I'm still missing our work Christmas Party though. But if I can't wear by gorgeous red patents what is the point?
Comments:
ohh luv that sounds positively painful. Hope its on the mend. Now spill - who is the pretty boy in that photo ?? KT xxxx
It's really, really hideous today. I had a little sulk about it earlier. My foot is quite literally black in parts. And red nail polish does not detract from it nearly enough.
He's Brendan Cole, I forgot no one outside of the UK would know him, one of the professional dancers from Strictly Come Dancing, known as Dancing with the Stars in Aus I think? Here's a link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/strictlycomedancing/ He's the resident bad boy and also starred in Love Island. Yes it was as grim as that sounds.
He's Brendan Cole, I forgot no one outside of the UK would know him, one of the professional dancers from Strictly Come Dancing, known as Dancing with the Stars in Aus I think? Here's a link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/strictlycomedancing/ He's the resident bad boy and also starred in Love Island. Yes it was as grim as that sounds.
dear oh dear. At least when my foot looked like that I had an excuse of drunkedly breaking it ! Maybe draping pretty scarves over it as you recline during peoples visits ??
He is very cute. Celeb singing/dancing/skating/boxing/survivor shows really are taking over the planet arent they ! Word has it our Dancing show has just paid former disgraced labor leader Mark Latham $300k to star next year. God forbid. K xxx
Post a Comment
He is very cute. Celeb singing/dancing/skating/boxing/survivor shows really are taking over the planet arent they ! Word has it our Dancing show has just paid former disgraced labor leader Mark Latham $300k to star next year. God forbid. K xxx


