Monday, November 15, 2004
Steve to Go!!?!
Like a million other losers who were watching X-Factor the other night, I logged on this morning to find out what the real meaning of MacArthur Park was as enigmatically (I'm kidding) hinted at by Rowetta. I am still none the wiser, or at least have found no definitive meaning.
Amusingly, however, the interpretations range from the highly religious to going down on a woman in a notorious drug haven.
(That would be MacArthur Park the drug haven and not her front bottom* the drug haven)
Meanwhile I certainly meant no alternative meaning by posting an extract from the song on my October 8th post, merely that it is a bit of a disco classic, especially with the silly lyrics. If you want good old fashioned innuendo and saucy lyrics look no further than The Reflex.
*am not usually so coy but I feel a public forum probably shouldn't have me saying the word cunt. Oh.
Amusingly, however, the interpretations range from the highly religious to going down on a woman in a notorious drug haven.
(That would be MacArthur Park the drug haven and not her front bottom* the drug haven)
Meanwhile I certainly meant no alternative meaning by posting an extract from the song on my October 8th post, merely that it is a bit of a disco classic, especially with the silly lyrics. If you want good old fashioned innuendo and saucy lyrics look no further than The Reflex.
*am not usually so coy but I feel a public forum probably shouldn't have me saying the word cunt. Oh.
Comments:
I've always thought that Hungry Like the Wolf was about going down on a woman. But that may just be my mind.
Post a Comment

