<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 16, 2004

What's the frequency Kenneth? * 

I just got back from the dentist - boo, but I have a nice shiny new tooth - yay, except the dentist had to file it down a bit and exposed the metal amalgam underneath - boo. Why am I incapable of demanding better service?

You know I still don't have proper aerial reception at mine. This means of course I actually did some DIY on Sunday. Although I expect changing knobs on a wardrobe in between lying down with a hangover doesn't really constitute DIY.

In other news, I have officially culled my hairdresser. Though he would do a good job, he appeared to be so full of shit that even burying my head in my purposely bought Times on Saturday didn't stop him from talking some of the biggest load of bollocks I'd ever heard. I'm so over him now I can't even be bothered to share. Second reason for official cull is the extortionate price for my hair which essentially amounted to a blow-dry but was charged for a colour - what colour? - and a cut - sorry a trim of the fringe. And how did I cull? Why I deleted him from my phone that's how. That'll show them.

Things I love.

1. Angostura bitters. When your drink just isn't pink enough. TMP's favourite bar accessory. Don't think, just make it pink.

2. Lounge Lover. Here at TMP we *heart* this place. It may be veh veh expensive but it sure is purdy and everyone is lovely. My only concern, the hen party sat at the other end of the bar last Saturday night. They should be banned from here. They bring the tone of everything down. So the campaign starts here keep Hen Parties in Dublin or Brighton wherever the hell they belong. There is a time and a place for veils and L plates and that is not at Lounge Lover.

3. Brick Lane Sunday market. Everytime I go I find a new bit to rummage through. Now all I need to do is get there at a reasonable hour and not miss most of it. (see aforementioned hangover for possible reason why).

Saw I, Robot last night. See Glitter for Brains >>>>> for a sterling review of it. If I may add (spoiler alert) how the hell did he lose his arm? His story about the drowning girl was irrelevant - the robot didn't wrench his arm off to save him? Did it? And why did her parents/mother give him - a complete stranger - her necklace? I was also a little concerned about the 'future' as I said to Richard as we were watching "Not in my lifetime". I am prepared to be proved wrong because I would like to drive that Audi at that speed but it ain't gonna happen in 2035. Still in spite of that I rather enjoyed it. Looking forward to the sequel when we reveal Susan Calvin's true relationship with James Cromwell. Dad/Grandfather/Uncle...... You can tell I've never read the book.


*on the internal jukebox, thought I'd share.

Post a Comment

Comments:
For myself The Bourne Supremacy is the action movie du jour. No plot lacunae there. No siree
kisses
Franka Potente
xxx
 
Maybe there should be a town just for hen and stag parties? Somewhere that keeps them away from the rest of the civilised world? A Butlins style camp perhaps?
Suggestions on a postcard.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?