Sunday, February 17, 2008
Flicks
I have a headache. I know why, drinking in the afternoon. But what a lovley afternoon it was. I've felt a bit rubbish this past week, what with my ankle and all, but today it took a turn (finally) for the better and I got my bike and went up and met Clare and Steph for lunch. The sun shone through the windows of the pub and we got tipsy on lager tops before inhaling roast dinners. I can't tell you the last time I ate so much. We had pudding and all. And wine, of course.
And now I've finally watched The Lives of Others, which was great. Sad, depressing, troubling, moving and ultimately repentent. Once you've seen it, look up Ulrich Muhe's bio. Spooky.
It's a nice thing about this time of year, the rush to see as many Oscar nominated films as I can before the ceremony. We do a token 'guessing game', no money or owt but you know just for fun and I do rather like to have a semi-educated guess at it. I suspect however I'll probably only get one more in before next Sunday's ceremony.
I'm doing that avoiding going to bed thing because it means I when I wake up I have to go to work.
I'm pretty good at it. Not going to bed I mean, not work, I'm rubbish at that.
And now I've finally watched The Lives of Others, which was great. Sad, depressing, troubling, moving and ultimately repentent. Once you've seen it, look up Ulrich Muhe's bio. Spooky.
It's a nice thing about this time of year, the rush to see as many Oscar nominated films as I can before the ceremony. We do a token 'guessing game', no money or owt but you know just for fun and I do rather like to have a semi-educated guess at it. I suspect however I'll probably only get one more in before next Sunday's ceremony.
I'm doing that avoiding going to bed thing because it means I when I wake up I have to go to work.
I'm pretty good at it. Not going to bed I mean, not work, I'm rubbish at that.
Labels: film
Comments:
Post a Comment