<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, October 21, 2005

Mirror Mirror 

I have oft meant to comment on the fact that the bathroom mirrors at work are some of the most unflattering, soul-destroying reflective panes in existence. Shame really when you consider I end up looking at them a couple of times a day.

Conversely the mirror in my bathroom at home is a wonder to behold. Not only do I look younger in it, my hair almost always looks fabulous and I'm never fat. Not even when I am.

It's a terrible state of affairs to start your day poised, confident, happy even, in the knowledge that you don't scrub up too bad only to arrive in the office to find frizzy hair, bad clothes, make-up all but gone, or worse running down your face and belly a pregnant woman would hide. It's enough to test anyone.

I'd like to have the home mirror on permanent loan, to carry around whenever I'm feeling a bit crap. It'd cheer me up. Give me hope. I mean it even makes me think I look okay with a hangover and bloodshot eyes*. Still as those of you who know, I've always maintained the contrast with the red has made my green eyes, um, even greener! Which is a good thing in my book.


*The more likely explanation of course is that I'm still drunk.

Post a Comment

Comments:
Ooh. This is something I am obsessed with. In fact, I shut my eyes when going past *bad* mirrors.
I once had a mirror tile that was fabulously flattering. I used to carry it round with me.
 
I'm envious. My mirror makes me look like Momma Cass post-chicken sandwich. After a night out.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?