Monday, October 10, 2005
Champagne Supernova
Last night Clare and I went to see this which was then followed by the after party. It was here that I touched him *points below* and his velvet jacket and made eye contact on two seperate occasions. I feel certain now that we are destined and am just waiting for him to call.
Clare will also tell you she made eye contact, touched him and did a twirl which he saw. She says it was on purpose I say she slipped and recovered luckily instead of falling on her arse.
Emma looked much, much lovelier than she does in this photo and was very charming to all around and seemed not to mind the gormless fool clutching a glass of champagne staring at her.
There were others there but in the presence of Mr Darcy and Miss Elinor Dashwood, I could do little other than grasp my drink and accept every offer of canape that came my way than recall much more than 'ooh it's....' and promptly forget their name.
The rest of the weekend wasn't quite as glamourous but was almost as fabulous. Spent Friday having a few drinks at a wrap party... I really will go almost anywhere for a free drink, even though I barely knew anyone. Saturday down at the Tate Modern with Audrey seeing the Frida Kahlo exhibition which was marred, as ever by the vast numbers, which is entirely my own fault because I always leave it too late and end up going on the last few days. It was fascinating nonetheless and concluded brilliantly by a prime position on the terrace of the member's bar drinking champagne. Later a visit to some of the local drinking establishments and an impromptu singalong at home in the small hours, saw both of us with ridiculous hangovers the next day.
Still I managed to go out and buy a new dress and shoes, deciding that morning that I must dress in a 50's frock for the film. Hence the reason I ended up dressed up looking a bit like somebody's mother, or as Clare put it, the Nanny.
Clare will also tell you she made eye contact, touched him and did a twirl which he saw. She says it was on purpose I say she slipped and recovered luckily instead of falling on her arse.
Emma looked much, much lovelier than she does in this photo and was very charming to all around and seemed not to mind the gormless fool clutching a glass of champagne staring at her.
There were others there but in the presence of Mr Darcy and Miss Elinor Dashwood, I could do little other than grasp my drink and accept every offer of canape that came my way than recall much more than 'ooh it's....' and promptly forget their name.
The rest of the weekend wasn't quite as glamourous but was almost as fabulous. Spent Friday having a few drinks at a wrap party... I really will go almost anywhere for a free drink, even though I barely knew anyone. Saturday down at the Tate Modern with Audrey seeing the Frida Kahlo exhibition which was marred, as ever by the vast numbers, which is entirely my own fault because I always leave it too late and end up going on the last few days. It was fascinating nonetheless and concluded brilliantly by a prime position on the terrace of the member's bar drinking champagne. Later a visit to some of the local drinking establishments and an impromptu singalong at home in the small hours, saw both of us with ridiculous hangovers the next day.
Still I managed to go out and buy a new dress and shoes, deciding that morning that I must dress in a 50's frock for the film. Hence the reason I ended up dressed up looking a bit like somebody's mother, or as Clare put it, the Nanny.
Comments:
Post a Comment
