Friday, June 10, 2005
Who wants to be a millionaire?
Ooh look all the postcards I didn't send. Actually I used them as a diary, look at me doing it the old fashioned way with pen and paper.

Got back on Monday and have had a fairly quiet week (read that as sober) although I did take myself (and Pam & Ros) along to see The Philadelphia Story at The Old Vic the other night. Whilst very enjoyable, it was hard to distance oneself from the film version and the subsequent musical version, which is actually my favourite. The terrific Jennifer Ehle had a big job stepping into both Kate's and Grace's shoes but she did it well, barely stumbling in those elegant heels and stylish outfits. As reviewed by many, the chemistry between Mr Spacey and Ms Ehle did let the side down. Shame really because that's the happy ending. Where's Cary Grant when you need him? Oh.

The upside is that I discovered on the 20th June a 2 disc special edition of The Philadelphia Story is out on DVD and continuing in the theme of, um, themed DVD nights*, we're going to watch that and High Society wearing white bathrobes and drinking champagne. Which makes sense if you've seen either of the films or the play. Now do I play Grace of Kate? Got to be Kate really, according to some sources we share a birthday (but not year ....)and in terms of colouring well I can hardly lay claim to the blonde blue eyed attributes of Grace even in my wildest dreams (and even with a head full of blonde highlights!) Funnily enough though Grace's birthday is a few days (and again many years) before mine too. Us Scorpios rule the skoool.
*Following on from the Anne of Green Gables and the recent Gone With the Wind evening. (Mint Julips, Fried Chicken, Ribs & a home-made Pecan Pie)
Got back on Monday and have had a fairly quiet week (read that as sober) although I did take myself (and Pam & Ros) along to see The Philadelphia Story at The Old Vic the other night. Whilst very enjoyable, it was hard to distance oneself from the film version and the subsequent musical version, which is actually my favourite. The terrific Jennifer Ehle had a big job stepping into both Kate's and Grace's shoes but she did it well, barely stumbling in those elegant heels and stylish outfits. As reviewed by many, the chemistry between Mr Spacey and Ms Ehle did let the side down. Shame really because that's the happy ending. Where's Cary Grant when you need him? Oh.
The upside is that I discovered on the 20th June a 2 disc special edition of The Philadelphia Story is out on DVD and continuing in the theme of, um, themed DVD nights*, we're going to watch that and High Society wearing white bathrobes and drinking champagne. Which makes sense if you've seen either of the films or the play. Now do I play Grace of Kate? Got to be Kate really, according to some sources we share a birthday (but not year ....)and in terms of colouring well I can hardly lay claim to the blonde blue eyed attributes of Grace even in my wildest dreams (and even with a head full of blonde highlights!) Funnily enough though Grace's birthday is a few days (and again many years) before mine too. Us Scorpios rule the skoool.
*Following on from the Anne of Green Gables and the recent Gone With the Wind evening. (Mint Julips, Fried Chicken, Ribs & a home-made Pecan Pie)
Comments:
Post a Comment