<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

We Are the Angry Mob 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not advocating violence on any level and certainly no acts of terrorism but the G20 protesters have thus far been a little bit of a let down. First and (certainly for me) foremost they neglected to cause enough disruption in the City this morning to affect my journey to work. Hello I was promised Bishopsgate would be closed, that the RBS I go past every day would be a focal point and that there would be major disruptions. Instead RBS put up a few crowd control barriers (not enough to stop a really angry mob) and the lily-livered Carphone Warehouse boarded up their shop. Carphone Warehouse ?! I mean they are horrid but even I wouldn’t blame them for the economic down-turn. And that was it.

So instead I find myself at my desk early, early I tell you - well 3 minutes early but it’s a technicality I claim.

We have the television on – BBC News - unsurprisingly they have a blanket coverage, building tension where there isn’t one and using their own words ‘focusing’ in on the ‘pushing and shoving (we have the subtitles on). Read: zooming in to give impression of aforementioned angry mob. However the thing that made me laugh the most and is why I love the British so much, the protesters shouted at the banks:

‘Shame on you’

Bless*

*Of course if this all goes horribly wrong, my flippant and trite monologue above should be taken in context of the 11.00am news I saw mmmkay.

Post a Comment

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?