Tuesday, March 04, 2008
Weather Watch
I like weather. I like it so much I live here to have some, although I'm aware that the weather in London doesn't even come close to the weather elsewhere. But it's better than where I come from. Although after the summer we had in London, I kinda miss a bit of guaranteed sunshine, and beaches.
Anyway I was on me bike today, like a good girl. Still going through the motions of cycling because I'm saving money and exercising but realising that perhaps whilst the saving money/not drinking as much part is working, I'm still a lardy-arse. I want to look half-way decent if I'm to frequent the beaches in Perth. Though seriously why I'm worrying when it will be April and EVERYONE will have vacated the seaside by mid-March, irrespective of weather because it'll be 'too cold'. Even if it's 30c.
So I rode my bike this morning, having decided I wanted to be wearing a dress today, I like to reclaim that part of me that is frocked and heeled, the part that exists most comfortably with a simple travel journey (ie car) and isn't a slave to the machinations of public transport. But one that wilfully ignores the weather. My flat is warm, very warm in fact especially in the mornings, and between wanting to wear a frock and deciding it was so warm I almost seriously considered not wearing a cardy as I set off for work. Set off in near freezing temperatures in a flimsy piece of cotton that blew up for most of the journey, caught in the brakes and generally offered no warmth or covering for half an hour. My thighs were still defrosting an hour later. I knew it was cold when I saw grit on the roads and quite frankly could no longer feel the lower part of my legs/feet and fingers. I mean it snowed in parts of London for goodness sake. I am hard-core. And stupid.
But surely a bit thinner?
Anyway I was on me bike today, like a good girl. Still going through the motions of cycling because I'm saving money and exercising but realising that perhaps whilst the saving money/not drinking as much part is working, I'm still a lardy-arse. I want to look half-way decent if I'm to frequent the beaches in Perth. Though seriously why I'm worrying when it will be April and EVERYONE will have vacated the seaside by mid-March, irrespective of weather because it'll be 'too cold'. Even if it's 30c.
So I rode my bike this morning, having decided I wanted to be wearing a dress today, I like to reclaim that part of me that is frocked and heeled, the part that exists most comfortably with a simple travel journey (ie car) and isn't a slave to the machinations of public transport. But one that wilfully ignores the weather. My flat is warm, very warm in fact especially in the mornings, and between wanting to wear a frock and deciding it was so warm I almost seriously considered not wearing a cardy as I set off for work. Set off in near freezing temperatures in a flimsy piece of cotton that blew up for most of the journey, caught in the brakes and generally offered no warmth or covering for half an hour. My thighs were still defrosting an hour later. I knew it was cold when I saw grit on the roads and quite frankly could no longer feel the lower part of my legs/feet and fingers. I mean it snowed in parts of London for goodness sake. I am hard-core. And stupid.
But surely a bit thinner?
Comments:
keep up the cycling, it is good for the environemnt and your beach body. just be mindful of the elements and remember that flouro yellow is safety first x
Post a Comment

