Wednesday, March 12, 2008
THE Joan Wilder?
Last night me and Jef went down to the National theatre to see a q&a with Kathleen Turner who has just published a book. I read a lovely article in The Observer the other week in which Kathleen came across very well but her book didn't. I have glanced at my now signed copy and realised that the book does fall very much into the same style as Jane Fonda's bio which I have never finished because after she spent the first half of the book talking about her childhood, becoming an actor, acting and her marriages she decides to tell us, the reader, how she's learnt and grown (too much bloody therapy) and how she's taken the lessons of her life and shared them with the less fortunate (homeless black teenagers in Atlanta, me) and quite frankly I don't care.
I did at one point see a sentence in Kathleen's book and I am paraphrasing now that said 'and we and hung out and did stuff'. "Did Stuff"? I'm no writer but even I don't think I'd write "done stuff" without being deliberately ironic or indeed clumsily euphemistic. Which she wasn't.
Still I met THE Joan Wilder. How cool is that?
I did at one point see a sentence in Kathleen's book and I am paraphrasing now that said 'and we and hung out and did stuff'. "Did Stuff"? I'm no writer but even I don't think I'd write "done stuff" without being deliberately ironic or indeed clumsily euphemistic. Which she wasn't.
Still I met THE Joan Wilder. How cool is that?
Labels: books, Joan Wilder, Kathleen Turner
Comments:
Post a Comment
