Monday, July 02, 2007
It's Oh So Quiet
I've made this blog private. Which will be interesting to see how much I update it seeing as, by choice, I have no readers. Though truth be told even open to the public the readership was minimal.
Still here I am. Making a stab at keeping this a private, online diary. Although it won't be a diary, but it will be as it seemed to evolve into a bit of a note of events, activities and thoughts with no particular emphasis but with some pretty pictures.
No pictures today. I am here primarily to complain loudly and slightly hysterically about the rain. The never-ending, relentless, do your fucking head in rain. Even as I type when only half an hour ago walking into the flat looking out across rain free skies there is a torrential downpour. It's like only half an hour can go by before it rains again. And it's proper rain, coupled wiht drizzly rain, indeed hail and sometimes just some mist, but whatever it is, it's wet outside and has been pretty consistently for over a fortnight. The forecast isn't dry before the 11th July. This is a record of that I am in no doubt. It's the most consistently bad summer weather I've had in ten years.
Speaking of bad weather, Glastonbury. It was fabulous and an amazing experience but yes it rained and it was muddy and it was the worst overall mud in ten years so whilst it didn't flood it was muddy and I can only thank whoever that we had the foresight not ony to bring one chair but two chairs because by Friday afternoon there was no green grass left and only mud. Did I say it was muddy?
We saw some fantastic bands, I think in the end, due to many conflicting acts I erred on the side of 'bands i know will be good' and less on 'things that might be great'. So we saw The Arctic Monkeys, The Killers, Amy Winehouse, Rufus Wainright, Mika, The Coral, Babyshambles, The Who, Kaiser Cheifs, Kasabian, The Long Blondes and Super Fury Animals (I've missed some I'm sure) and missed Bjork, Martha Wainright, The Gossip, Iggy Pop, CSS, The Kooks and The Cribs.
Next year. It will be sunny. Oh yes.
Still here I am. Making a stab at keeping this a private, online diary. Although it won't be a diary, but it will be as it seemed to evolve into a bit of a note of events, activities and thoughts with no particular emphasis but with some pretty pictures.
No pictures today. I am here primarily to complain loudly and slightly hysterically about the rain. The never-ending, relentless, do your fucking head in rain. Even as I type when only half an hour ago walking into the flat looking out across rain free skies there is a torrential downpour. It's like only half an hour can go by before it rains again. And it's proper rain, coupled wiht drizzly rain, indeed hail and sometimes just some mist, but whatever it is, it's wet outside and has been pretty consistently for over a fortnight. The forecast isn't dry before the 11th July. This is a record of that I am in no doubt. It's the most consistently bad summer weather I've had in ten years.
Speaking of bad weather, Glastonbury. It was fabulous and an amazing experience but yes it rained and it was muddy and it was the worst overall mud in ten years so whilst it didn't flood it was muddy and I can only thank whoever that we had the foresight not ony to bring one chair but two chairs because by Friday afternoon there was no green grass left and only mud. Did I say it was muddy?
We saw some fantastic bands, I think in the end, due to many conflicting acts I erred on the side of 'bands i know will be good' and less on 'things that might be great'. So we saw The Arctic Monkeys, The Killers, Amy Winehouse, Rufus Wainright, Mika, The Coral, Babyshambles, The Who, Kaiser Cheifs, Kasabian, The Long Blondes and Super Fury Animals (I've missed some I'm sure) and missed Bjork, Martha Wainright, The Gossip, Iggy Pop, CSS, The Kooks and The Cribs.
Next year. It will be sunny. Oh yes.
Labels: glastonbury, rain
Comments:
Post a Comment