Monday, October 16, 2006
Prime Suspect
I've made no secret of my love of crime dramas. So you can imagine my utter delight when I realised Prime Suspect 7 was on last night. I was a little trepidacious. Cracker's return the other week was somewhat disappointing. But no, Prime Suspect did not let me down. From the opening scene to the CCTV end scene of the first part, I was gripped. Helen Mirren's Jane Tennyson, always a complex and somewhat brittle character, caught in the ravages of alcoholism, her father's death and her imminent retirement was finding new ways to move us and shock us. I spent a disproportionate amount of time extremely moved (ok I cried) and revelled in the mastery of the performance. And we still have another two hours of it next week.
Dear Helen, I salute you.
Dear Helen, I salute you.
Labels: Helen Mirren, Prime Suspect
Comments:
Post a Comment