Thursday, June 17, 2004
Shank's Pony
My Nanna used to use this phrase from time to time. I never really understood it. I do now.
Anyway I undertook half my journey to work this morning by shank's pony - or is it via or on? Whatever. The downside of doing some kind of exercise for me is that I'm always so bloody pleased with myself I think, well I deserve a little treat and it's that kind of thinking that gets me into trouble in the first place.
It wasn't helped by glancing at 10 Years Younger last night on TV, re-iterating what women of.my.age already know: that our metabolism slows down, we put on weight and generally go to pot unless we start doing alot of exercise.
And doing alot of exercise has never been in my vocabulary as well many know.
My mantra of "Never Say Diet, Never say Exercise" which held fast through my 20's is now coming back to bite me on my (fat) arse.
Anyway I undertook half my journey to work this morning by shank's pony - or is it via or on? Whatever. The downside of doing some kind of exercise for me is that I'm always so bloody pleased with myself I think, well I deserve a little treat and it's that kind of thinking that gets me into trouble in the first place.
It wasn't helped by glancing at 10 Years Younger last night on TV, re-iterating what women of.my.age already know: that our metabolism slows down, we put on weight and generally go to pot unless we start doing alot of exercise.
And doing alot of exercise has never been in my vocabulary as well many know.
My mantra of "Never Say Diet, Never say Exercise" which held fast through my 20's is now coming back to bite me on my (fat) arse.
Comments:
Post a Comment