<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

This is not about the Oscars, but it is about films. 

I saw Ocean's 12 the last month which I liked it in spite of the implausible plot. Funnier than I expected although just as glamourous. Today I found the following plot explanation on my phone. The film made about as much sense as this:

Andy wanted his money back. French wanted revenge and proof he was better. Danny went to Albert and offered him the egg to give them insider knowledge. If therefore they knew and had the egg, then Matt's parents were on back-up, they had somehow sussed that Catherine was his daughter. I think Matt's parents were behind the scenes or insiders at Interpol hence being able to get her out.

Meanwhile over at the world's most expensive cinema I saw A Very Long Engagement. Amazing cinematography, excellent cast, marvellous direction, just a *little* long. It was *ahem* very engaging.

Which brings me to the most recent cinematic event. I shall say it loud and proud, last Saturday I saw SHALL WE DANCE. When I saw the trails, I screwed up my nose and said sniffily 'oh I think not' when suddenly they bring out the marvellous Susan Sarandon and Ballroom Dancing (though it wasn't Susan Ballroom Dancing, it was Richard Gere and Jennifer Lopez), I knew immediately I'd be going. Luckily I wasn't the only one and Clare and I spent a delightful two hours watching a thoroughly entertaining film. Oh go on, laugh. I don't care. Earlier I had bought, in the sales, a pair of beautiful sandals. They look just like dancing shoes. I was so taken with them I wanted to sleep in them (that's what following up a film with wine will do to you). It was bad enough I decided to wear them the next morning whilst still wandering about in my pyjamas.

While I'm in confessional mode. We saw the trail for Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous. March 23rd I'll be there, armed and fabulous. Mark my words.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Post a Comment

Comments:
Adriana, in your considered opinion, which of the women's weeklies has the best Oscar frock coverage?
Yours,
Edna
 
Dear Edna

The difficulty is that I don't actually buy women's weeklies.

I do peruse them in WH Smiths from time to time of course but as a general rule don't buy them as they tend to blur into one another.

My advice to you is go online.

Plus this week I see they're all about babies. Again....
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?