Thursday, March 25, 2004
6 days to go... sorry that's 6 working days.
I have a little routine when I first get to Perth.
1. Arrive at airport, rather shellshocked and very tired, trying hard to look as glamorous as I can, failing admirably whilst greeting family.
2. Drive to Dad's place. Amaze at the wide open spaces, the colour of the landscape and no doubt, the heat.
3. Engage in conversation that is kind of odd: "How are you?" "Well it's been over two years, where do I start?"
4. Realise I'm very very tired, and not used to having many people around me. And retire for a sleep. Fail to sleep.
5. Then ask Dad to drive me to the beach, buy a kebab from Plaka and watch the sunset over the Indian Ocean.
It's a free for all from there.
I have a little routine when I first get to Perth.
1. Arrive at airport, rather shellshocked and very tired, trying hard to look as glamorous as I can, failing admirably whilst greeting family.
2. Drive to Dad's place. Amaze at the wide open spaces, the colour of the landscape and no doubt, the heat.
3. Engage in conversation that is kind of odd: "How are you?" "Well it's been over two years, where do I start?"
4. Realise I'm very very tired, and not used to having many people around me. And retire for a sleep. Fail to sleep.
5. Then ask Dad to drive me to the beach, buy a kebab from Plaka and watch the sunset over the Indian Ocean.
It's a free for all from there.
Comments:
Post a Comment